Help With a Federal Agency

If you can’t get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 5th Congressional District of Georgia can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;


The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case.
We must have your privacy release form and signature to proceed with your casework request.

Please submit our Digital Privacy Release form to request help with any federal agency.

If you are unable to use the online form and want to request help with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you can download a PDF form to request help HERE.

If you are unable to use the online form and want to request help with a different federal agency, you can download a PDF version of the Privacy Release Form HERE.

Please submit any downloaded and completed forms via fax to our Atlanta District Office at 404-331-0947.

Click below to access our online Digital Privacy Release form.

logo of All AgenciesAll Agencies